Read Latest cricket News, Latest Cricket Match, Watch Live scroe of IPL, PSL LIve score ,LIve score of All series,blog on football, tennis, cricket and the latest sports stories

Sunday 1 July 2018

Dravid, Ponting and Claire Taylor inducted in ICC's Hall of Fame

Dravid, Ponting and Claire Taylor inducted in ICC's Hall of Fame Rahul Dravid, the incredible India batsman, Ricky Ponting, the previous Australian skipper and Claire Taylor, the England wicketkeeper-hitter, turned into the most recent inductees into the ICC Hall of Fame.

Dravid, on Sunday (July 1), turned into the fifth Indian after Bishan Singh Bedi, Kapil Dev, Sunil Gavaskar and Anil Kumble to make it to the famous rundown of cricketers.

With 13,288 keeps running in 164 Test matches, Dravid involves the fourth spot on the rundown of most elevated run-getters in the five-day organize while he's put ninth on the general run-scorers outline in ODIs with 10,889 keeps running in 344 diversions. Dravid additionally culled the most gets (210) by a non-wicketkeeper in the conventional configuration. He was named the ICC Cricketer of the Year in 2004 nearby being named the best Test cricketer for that year.

The India cricketer influenced his five star to make a big appearance path back in February 1991 for Karnataka against Maharashtra, aggregating 82 in the principal innings. Amid the 1991-92 top of the line season, he indicated enough guarantee by storing up 434 keeps running at a normal of 48.22.

Dravid propelled himself into the national retribution by collecting 968 keeps running at 80.66 in the 1995-96 top notch season. He before long influenced his ODI to make a big appearance against Sri Lanka in Singapore, in April 1996. He likewise played his lady Test that year versus England at Lord's. In the three-coordinate Test elastic versus England, he shone brilliantly with scores of 95 and 84. Dravid attempted his first Test century against South Africa at the Wanderers in 1997.

The pivotal occasion of his vocation presumably came in the 2001 Test arrangement against Australia at Eden Gardens, when he and VVS Laxman scripted a shocking turnaround with a remain of 376 as India dug out from a deficit to enroll an important 171-run win. He likewise played indispensable turns in the Leeds Test in 2002, Adelaide in 2003-04, Rawalpindi in 2004, Jamaica in 2006 and at The Oval in 2011. Dravid additionally drove India to Test arrangement wins in the West Indies in 2006 and England in 2007. He resigned from global cricket in March 2012.

In a video message, Dravid stated: "It's an amazing privilege and benefit to be drafted into the Hall of Fame. I'm grateful to the ICC for giving me this respect. It's a benefit to be in a gathering of individuals I have turned upward to and I have respected as a young fellow experiencing childhood in my trip as a cricketer. I want to have the capacity to thank such a large number of individuals who have made it feasible for me to have a profession in this game and to satisfy my fantasies.

"My folks, my young family, my significant other and two children, my such huge numbers of companions, associates that I have played with and played against who have enhanced my diversion, my numerous mentors ideal from the time I was a kid in school and the mentors that I have played for India have truly helped me build up my potential. I would not be here notwithstanding the help and love that they have given me and I'm really appreciative and thankful for it."

Dravid, who's at present in England as mentor of the India A group, wasn't there face to face when his consideration in the Hall of Fame was declared by the ICC. "Tragically, I'm not there to get this respect in light of my responsibilities with India An and the instructing obligations that I have. However, by and by, I'm extremely thankful, I'm lowered to have the capacity to get this respect. It's a benefit and something that I'll hold dear to my heart," he said.

Ponting, who resigned from worldwide cricket toward the finish of the Test arrangement against South Africa in the 2012-13 home season, completed his vocation with 13,378 runs and 41 centuries in the longest configuration of the diversion. He likewise arranged 13,704 runs and 30 hundreds in ODIs.

He was named the ICC Cricketer of the year for 2006 and in addition 2007. Notwithstanding it, Ponting was a piece of the Australian set-up that achieved four World Cup finals, with the side rising triumphant in 1999, 2003 and 2007. He likewise drove Australia to a record 26 back to back unbeaten World Cup matches from 2003 to 2011 and captained the side to triumph in the ICC Champions Trophy in 2006 and 2009.

Ponting first came into the retribution in the 1994-95 Sheffield Shield season when he scored up 681 keeps running at a normal of more than 75 for Tasmania. He in this way influenced his ODI to make a big appearance in the Quadrangular arrangement in New Zealand. He was likewise chosen for the four-coordinate Test arrangement in the Caribbean in 1995, yet didn't play in any of the matches. He in the end influenced his Test to make a big appearance, against Sri Lanka in Perth, toward the finish of that year, ordering a fine 96 preceding being wrongly pronounced LBW by Khizer Hayat.

He needed to sit tight for just about two more years to accumulate his lady Test century, which came against England at Leeds in 1997. He aggregated his first ODI hundred against Sri Lanka at the MCG in 1996. The feature of Ponting's vocation maybe came in the 2003 World Cup when he crunched an awesome, unbeaten 140 in the last versus India at the Wanderers, as Australia pounded the Asian nation by 125 runs. In 2006, he was in stellar shape, confirm by the 1333 runs he amassed at a normal of 88.86 in Tests.

"I feel profoundly regarded to be perceived by the ICC thusly. I adored each snapshot of my voyage as a player and am so extremely glad for the group and individual accomplishments en route.

"These would not have been conceivable without the assistance of such a significant number of individuals including my partners, mentors and care staff that had such an indispensable influence in my playing profession. I might want to particularly thank my family for their consistent help and course. Respects like this are the same amount of for them as it is for me," Ponting said.

Taylor, the 42-year-old, accumulated 1030 keeps running at a normal of 41.20 in Tests. She additionally incorporated 4101 keeps running in 126 ODIs and 615 of every 21 T20Is. She was regarded with the ICC Women's Cricketer of the year in 2009. She completed her vocation with 78 rejections over the three organizations of the amusement.

Notwithstanding it, she additionally won the player of the competition grant in the Women's 50-over World Cup in 2009 (324 runs) and Women's World T20 in 2009.

Taylor influenced her ODI to make a big appearance, versus Australia in 1998. She wore her lady Test top, against India in Shenley in 1999. The feature of her vocation maybe was the unbeaten 156 in the ODI against India at Lord's in 2006. She gathered very nearly 62% of the runs England accumulated that day. Her most elevated individual Test score of 177 came against South Africa in 2003. She called time on her vocation in July 2011.

Taylor additionally spoke to England at Under 17 and Under 19 levels in hockey. She was additionally regarded with a MBE for her accomplishments in cricket in February 2010.

"It's a significant privilege to be drafted into the ICC Hall of Fame close by a portion of the best names of the people's amusement from over the world and all through the ages, players who I turned upward to amid my playing vocation and hold in incredible regard.

"I might want to thank everybody who helped me make my fantasies of progress with England, especially my folks for their help from my initial days in the diversion, Mark Lane for his instructing insight, the ECB for their help of the national group, my partners and care staff and my associates at SUMS Consulting, for their adaptability and certainty that I could convey achievement both on and off the field in the course of the most recent five long periods of my worldwide cricket vocation," she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment